Technical Project Manager
Software Engineering - Düsseldorf, Germany
- Level: Professionals
- Start date: As soon as possible
Technical Project Manager
Are you a developer with excellent organizational skills? We’re looking for a project manager to join our Software Engineering team in Dusseldorf, Germany. In this role, you’ll act as an interface between the Product Management team and website developers. You’ll be responsible for creating technical concepts and coordinating the entire project cycle of new product launches.
Join our team and help design the technical future of the world’s largest online hotel search. Work with the latest technologies in a globally integrated company. Enjoy a working environment that encourages new ideas, continuous personal development and the courage to question the status quo!
- Collaborate closely with the Product team to understand their requirements, e.g. for new website functions.
- Create technical concepts and plans for the Software Engineering team.
- Set deadlines, assign responsibilities, coordinate resources and monitor the progress of projects.
- Manage the orderly execution of the biweekly release cycles of our website.
- Draw on your deep technical expertise to support product managers with queries regarding the technical implementation of their ideas.
The ideal candidate:
- Has an academic background in a technical field.
- Has programming skills in PHP and preferably has experience working with the above technologies and in project management.
- Speaks German fluently and is able to communicate their technical expertise in English.
- Is a skilled negotiator who is able to work collaboratively across departments to reach common goals.
- Demonstrates an organized and structured work-style and enjoys working in a multicultural environment.
- Follows goals and pursues continuous personal development.
- Can start as soon as possible.
Life at trivago:
trivago is an exciting hub of multicultural activity where nationalities from all around the world come to share their knowledge and work together on redefining the travelling experience for millions of people. We nurture all our talents and provide them with the support they need to develop professionally as well as personally. We encourage fanatic learning through regular code workshops, Hackathons and constant feedback as well as promoting quick decision making in keeping with our trial and error philosophy. Flexible working hours are in place to create a trusting environment where productivity is measured through goals rather than hours spent in the office. For our internationals, we help with relocation and provide language classes for those wanting to learn and practise their German.
- Please note that your CV and motivation letter must be written in English.