Hadoop / Big Data Specialist – Hive / Oozie / Impala
IT Operations & Support - Düsseldorf, Germany
- Level: Professionals
- Start date: As soon as possible
Hadoop / Big Data Specialist - Hive / Oozie / Impala
We like to move fast and work on a large scale. We’re looking for a Hadoop Hero who has experience building Hadoop clusters from scratch to keep our cluster in perfect shape and save us from getting crushed under the weight of big data. You will maintain and develop our Cloudera Hadoop cluster, set up a backup cluster and keep them in sync. You will also consult with our Business Intelligence team regarding the setting up and maintenance of reliable data pipelines. With your hawk-like vision, you’ll monitor our Cloudera CDH installation, fine tuning it to maximize performance. Lightning-quick reflexes and agility will also be required as you may get caught in Nerf gun wars that rage across the office.
The ideal candidate:
- Speaks English fluently. German language skills are a plus.
- Has 2-3 years’ experience working with big data frameworks, preferably Hadoop. In this time they will have worked with Hive, Oozie and Impala.
- Can work wonders with CDH (Cloudera Distribution Including Apache Hadoop) or has experience working with Hortonworks Hadoop cluster, specifically experience developing Hadoop clusters from the ground up without the aid of pre-defined solutions.
- Is comfortable using ZooKeeper.
- Is proficient in JVM (Java Virtual Machine) tuning.
- Is either an EU citizen or holds an IT-related bacherlor's degree.* If you are an EU citizen, no degree is necessary as long as you're a tech-head and you can show us proof of your passion.
- Wants to work with hundreds of terabytes of data.
- Can start as soon as possible.
Life at trivago:trivago is an exciting hub of multicultural activity where nationalities from all around the world come to share their knowledge and work together on redefining the travelling experience for millions of people. We nurture all our talents and provide them with the support they need to develop professionally as well as personally. We encourage fanatic learning through regular code workshops, hackathons and constant feedback as well as promoting quick decision making in keeping with our trial and error philosophy. Flexible working hours are in place to create a trusting environment where productivity is measured through goals rather than hours spent in the office. For our internationals, we help with relocation and provide language classes for those wanting to learn and practise their German.
Join us at trivago – a place where talented minds meet, crazy ideas are shared and innovation is born.
- *Unfortunately, due to German law, applicants will only be considered if they are an EU citizen OR hold a university degree.
- Please note that your CV and motivation letter must be written in English.